Battle Shock

Check out Luna Sea Games to see the iPhone version of Battle Shock in the AppStore now.

Monday, November 29, 2010

idea

The sales of BattleShock were pretty good on the iPhone AppStore but I started thinking about what could improve things, especially given the new launch on the Android Market.

I thought about different game play additions that might make things more interesting. I like the idea of building defensive burms and moats with my finger. I think the field should scorch and the grass should be burned away over time. A huge armored elephant or larger dragon should come out at some point. I'd like to see the enemy show more intelligence. Perhaps crouch behind some rocks that protect them from my magic. Then run scurrying out on the left as I attack on the right. But all these things will take a lot of time to implement.

I had a buddy who launched a free skateboarding game online about 10 years ago. It wasn't a fantastic game ( sorry man ) but he managed to get a pretty large following. The trick was to hold a weekly contest and offer free stuff from his sponsors. He got some skating gear from different companies and they in turn got some advertisement in his game. I'm not really one for advertisement in games, but I think the weekly contest could really help spread the word. I mean, how many mobile games can you play and actually win something? I bet if we put up $100 cash a week that it would attract at least that much in sales. And we could give small bonus points to referrals to encourage spreading the word. I was thinking that everyone in the top 100 point totals for the week would be in a drawing - not just the high score. And the more top 100 scores you had the better your chances.

I've never run a contest. So I know when money is involved there are rules. Gotta go do some reading...

No comments:

Post a Comment